- 2019-05-20 On 20 May at 10.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas participates in bilateral political consultations between Lithuania and Cuba
- 2019-05-20 On 20 May at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a ministerial meeting
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 11.30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Baltic-German Foreign Ministers' meeting in Hamburg
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 2.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius holds a press conference on the margins of the Baltic-German Foreign Ministers‘ meeting in Hamburg
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 1.30 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas meets with the Ambassador of France Claire Lignières-Counathe
Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister receives Romanian representative, discusses Eastern Neighborhood and security policy issues
On 21 March, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Darius Skusevičius received the State Secretary at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Romania Dănuţ Sebastian Neculăescu, who was visiting Vilnius.
The meeting discussed the topical issues of the Eastern Neighborhood and security policy. The interlocutors paid the greatest attention to the 10th anniversary of the Eastern Partnership and to the related strategic reflection on the future objectives of the Eastern Partnership, as well as the preparation of the 10th anniversary high-level conference in Brussels on 14 May.
D. Skusevičius and D. S. Neculăescu stressed the need to strengthen the European Union’s relationship with the associated Eastern Partnership countries that pursued the successful implementation of their Association Agreements and sought membership of the EU.
Relevant issues of domestic policy of the Eastern Partnership countries were also discussed, including the recent parliamentary election and the formation of the Government in Moldova, and the upcoming Ukrainian presidential elections.
The meeting also focused on relations with Russia. The interlocutors emphasized the importance of the international community’s unified response to Russia’s aggressive policy and the strengthening of security in the Baltic and the Black Seas.
D. S. Neculăescu came to Vilnius to participate in a conference that was organized by the Foreign Ministry in cooperation with the Embassy of Romania in Vilnius on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the Eastern Partnership initiative.
Romania holds the Presidency of the Council of the European Union in the first half of 2019.