- 2019-07-17 On 17 July at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-07-17 On 17 July at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius sees off participants of the Mission Siberia expedition
- 2019-07-17 On 17 July at 2.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius receives inhabitants
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 11.30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the outgoing Ambassador of Denmark
Political Director: Lithuania appreciates Spain's contribution to security of the Baltic states
On 27 March, the Political Director of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Asta Skaisgirytė met with Enrique Mora Benavente, Director General for Foreign Policy and Security at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Spain.
“At the beginning of May, soldiers of the Spanish Air Force are coming to Lithuania for the fourth time. Undoubtedly, this will strengthen NATO's Air Policing mission. As Lithuania celebrates the 15th anniversary of its NATO membership this year, the country strives to make NATO's Air Policing mission an integral part of its air defense,” said A. Skaisgirytė. The Political Director also thanked Spain for its active participation in NATO's enhanced forward presence battlegroup in Lithuania.
The Directors discussed security issues, the transatlantic relationship, preparations for the upcoming meeting of NATO Foreign Ministers on 3-4 April in Washington, D.C., situations in the Middle East, the Mediterranean Sea region, Venezuela, eastern neighborhood, hybrid threats, and cyber security issues. They agreed to further strengthen the coordination of joint actions at the EU level in the field of strategic communication. In addition, A. Skaisgirytė positively evaluated Spain's participation in the EU cyber defense cooperation project under the Permanent Structured Cooperation (PESCO) that was led by Lithuania.