How to find us?
The Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania in the Republic of South Africa is looking to recruit a Driver.
Essential qualifications and requirements
- secondary education and / or professional qualifications;
- a driving license entitling to drive the official vehicle(s) of the Embassy;
- skills in vehicle operation, knowledge of the principles and structure of the vehicle(s);
- to be aware of the laws, regulations and administrative provisions of governing road safety, road transport safety rules, and procedures and methods for first aid application to a victim;
- to be familiar with the rules of the use of the Embassy’s and the Ministry’s official passenger cars;
- to know and properly select local and long-distance routes, to be able to plan and carry out their work independently;
- not raise doubt of the reliability of the person.
- driving a service vehicle (s);
- transporting Embassy staff, delegations, Embassy guests to and from work meetings, events;
- maintaining the technical condition, internal and external cleanliness of the official vehicle(s);
- taking care of the maintenance of the vehicle(s) and, if necessary, organize its repair;
- taking care of the insurance of the official vehicle(s);
- keeping a timely and responsible record of the vehicle(s) and their driving usage, and maintaining records of fuel, other consumables, and mileage for the vehicle(s);
- delivering mail, invitations, and documents to various institutions, bodies, and organizations, etc. as well as receiving from them accordingly;
- loading and unloading of the vehicle (s), as appropriate, and transporting cargo to and from the embassy;
- contributing to the organization of Embassy events and receptions;
- performing other non-permanent assignments of the Head of the Embassy.
The advantage is to have a residence permit for RSA.
The employee will have a fixed-term contract of employment and a fixed salary. The coefficient for the official salary is from 5.89.
If you interested in applying for this position, please send your cover letter and CV by e-mail [email protected]
Deadline for submission of application is April 9th, 2020 at 5 PM .
Selected candidates will be invited for an interview.
We will inform each candidate personally of the results.
Additional information via email: [email protected]